PayPal Here Vs. Square Credit Card Reader – Two Major Players in Mobile Credit Card processing.
Now anyone can accept credit cards using their mobile device or their tablet.Technology sure have taken a step to make are live easier, more affordable and more accessible. Both companies offer similar service in accepting credit cards on the go, so what makes them better than the other
I personally use PayPal Here only because I have a PayPal account since it started and joined eBay. When my Business grew PayPal Here allowed me to start accepting Credit Cards from customer. For some reason it is the most preferred way to pay by the customer. I personally always prefer cash or checks just because there is no transaction fee. But accepting Credit Cards has a positive side.
Supported Devices: iPhone/iPad, Android
Sturtup Cost: Free
Available in: United States and Canada (PayPal here): also in Hong Kong, Australia
Accept internationaly: PayPal Only – 2.7% per swipe plus 1% cross-border fee.
First of all you need a Smart Phone like IPhone or Galaxy.
Once you completed a service or sale you would connect the Credit Card Swipe (Paypal Here or Square) to your phone by inserting it in to the Headphone jack. Then you would Lunch the App provided by PayPal or Square. You would enter information such us what are you charging for and the amount. Then you would ask for a credit card and swipe it. A signature box will appear on the screen. This is where customer with sigh just like you would at a store when you purchase something with a Credit Card, Click done and then it will ask you were do you want to send the receipt. You can sent it to the printer if your phone is connected to one, Email address or you can click on no receipt.
If you chose to Email the receipt, the customer would receive full detailed email that he made a payment. Information would include exact location, (even with a address and a map) Purchase price, Date and for what for as well as who he/she made a payment too.
With paypal the funds are available to you instantly in your PayPal account. With Square 2 days later.
- You can accept credit cards as payment, Sometimes Customer just does not have the cash on hand and writing a check takes time.
- Using a Credit Card processing service like Paypal Here or Square saves you time when its time to file your taxes because all the transaction are documented.
- It is Small
- Easy to use
- Gives your customers flexibility
- Almost anyone can have one
- Its free to setup
- Its free to own
- Credit Card Processing Fees.
- PayPal Here has 2.7% fee for swiped Credit Cards and 3.5%+$0.15 for manually entered credit cards. Square had lower rates in the past but currently its 2.75% for swiped Credit Cards and 3.5%+$0.15 for manually entered credit cards.
- You also need a smart phone with internet access, or a tablet with internet connection.
- You are suggested to use Smartphone or tablet pen, helps customer to sign their name instead of using their finger.
- Does not guarantee a payment. Customer can always block a payment at a later time.
Paypal Here came on top for us for two major reasons. Paypal Here has slightly lower fees that add up over time and Live Customer service. This is one company that you can get a live person fast comparing to some other companies. Over all it is a great tool to have and use when needed. Because of the high fees you may not want to use it all the time. Cash is King and still the most preferred form of payment. When cash is not available the Credit Cards reader comes in and saves the day.
If you provide service on the go or even sell on the go than this Portable credit card swipe is for you. It is also the best choice if you only do few credit card transactions a month. If you do you transaction in a same location such as store or office and you accept a lot of credit cards then there are better options for a fixed Credit Card terminal that offers lower Transaction fees. For everyone ales it’s a must have.